Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ahhhm Jusss duin Sum Eckting



Ohk so heres the dealio.





I'm really interested in playing mulitple characters for my solo and have tonnes of ideas already!


These are characters that have just emerged in everyday life (as Tameka Sowman will confirm haha).


Every now and then K will come out, a young maori boy with a hardout accent. Then maybe 'Nani'. And now.....Wiki. Shes a new one though.





I spoke to Madeleine Sami (really briefly) after Havoc in the Garden last night. She said she finds her characters in the same way. Like, elements of the ones from Supercity came out when she was talking....So I guess those parts of yourself just come out and the best thing is to roll with it. Or "Role" with it ha ha ha (Lame -o)


Anyways, So I think this has made me take a bit of a specific look at my research. Which was about how to get 'deeper' into characters and worlds.


I think a lot of characters are just waiting to be let out, but its only when I'm most comfortable (Like with my mates) that I really let go. So how do I bring this into the rehearsal room, and onto the floor??





JUST LIKE KURA . Kura Forrester (Actor in Massive Company's HAVOC in the Garden) has an alter ego or character who emerges quite frequently called Rebecca. I like Rebecca, but just watch what you say- she might give you the bash-jokes- but really....

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKmF6FfYZ-o&feature=player_embedded

Thats all for now folks, but if you have any comments , advice, questions I'd really love the help!!

oxoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment